NHL 12 patch released, adds Winnipeg Jets
First update to the hockey game brings gameplay and online fixes
Posted by Alex 'SpectralShock' V on Nov 2, 2011 - 5:00pm EST (Nov 2, 2011 17:00)
EA Sports has released the first patch for NHL 12, adding some fan-requested fixes and changes to the hockey game.
As posted on the official game forums, the full patch notes include:
* Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
* Fix various game crashes in offline modes
* Several physics improvements in regards to collisions with other players/goalies
* Reduced the number of online pauses so that 4 or more users on a team now have 2 pauses and anything less than 4 has 1 pause
* Separated each position’s Position, Teamplay and Stat grades in the Online Performance tracker
The patch addresses many issues that players have reported, however many are left unsatisfied. It took fans a few requests for the full patch notes to be posted, as the original thread contained barely any detailed information as it does now. Fans also note that some issues remain, such as offline console freezing, double sound glitch, and even the new Jets don't have the correct coloring on their uniforms.
Perhaps most troubling is that rumours are circulating this may be the only patch that the game will get, as the bugdet is limited. Given EA's recent announcement of stellar NHL 12 sales in the first week, this seems very curious.
NHL 12 is in stores now for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.