Far Cry 3 PC specs released
Full range of hardware specifications, DRM details
Posted by Alex 'SpectralShock' V on Sep 26, 2012 - 6:39pm EST (Sep 26, 2012 18:39)
Ubisoft has announced some new details about the PC version of Far Cry 3.
Jump into an optimal Far Cry 3 experience with three sets of specs for an array of machines.
* 512MB Video RAM (NVidia GTX8800, AMD Radeon HD2900 or better)
* Dual core CPU (Intel Core2 Duo E6700, AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ or better)
* 4GB Memory
* 1024MB Video RAM (NVidia GTX480, AMD Radeon HD5770 or better)
* Quad core CPU (Intel Core i3-530, AMD Phenom II X2 565 or better)
* 4GB Memory
* Latest DirectX11 graphics card (NVidia GTX680, AMD Radeon HD7970 or better)
* Latest quad core CPU (Intel Core i7-2600K, AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or better)
* 8GB Memory
For DRM, a one-time activation of Far Cry 3 for PC is performed via Uplay PC. An internet connection is required for this one-time activation process. Once activated, the game can be played online to enjoy new social features in single player and multiplayer, such as Friends, Party and Chat.
Far Cry 3 is scheduled to release in North America on December 4, 2012 for Windows PC, the Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. For more on the game, be sure to read our Far Cry 3 Preview.