PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010
PES 2010: A Whole New Game
Konami all-set for huge first day ship as PES 2010 runs into play
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will ship more than three million copies of PES 2010 to retail, in readiness for the game’s October 23rd launch on Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC-DVD (In Europe).
Retail backing for the game is extremely strong, with Konami predicting the game will become a million-selling title at launch, and has reaffirmed its commitment to continuing its close relationship with its fan base for the 2010 and future iterations.
PES 2010 will be available for PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD and follows months of analysis and feedback monitoring to enhance the game in every area. PES Productions, Konami’s Tokyo-based development team, has collated feedback on the series’ strengths and weaknesses via fan forums, ardent and casual PES players and press comment, and has incorporated a wide range of requests in the new game. The result will be the most challenging, realistic and satisfying PES to date.
Konami has spent the last year expanding the development team’s numbers, and created a number of dedicated departments, each striving to further improving their respective parts of the game both in the short and long terms. As well, as smaller requested elements such as manual goal keepers, more feints and special moves, and no barriers when taking throw-ins, key additions for PES 2010 include:
• 360-Degree Control: True 360-degree control will be available for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD versions of the game via the analogue sticks. The system allows players to move in all directions, opening up new attacking and defensive possibilities.
• Enhanced Gameplay: PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a challenging experience that will constantly test the player. Intuitive zonal defending will cover spaces and players need to look constantly for new ways to attack. PES 2010 focuses on being a real football simulation, as it requires strategic play and reactions. In addition to improved goalkeepers, the game’s referees have also been reworked, with smarter AI elements allowing them to make more balanced calls during matches.
• Improved Visuals: PES 2010 has undergone a major visual revamp, with its celebrated player likenesses and animations now even closer to those of real-life players – including live player expressions to be depicted with an improved lighting system which differentiates between various conditions! Stadium detail is also massively improved, with the grass and other in-stadium elements finely depicted.
• All-new animation and moves: Animations are greatly improved, with over 300 new movements added to the game, and with more individual skills also on show, including new flicks and tricks that have a definite showing on the way a game flows. Several elements have been completely reworked, with the dribbling, turning and kicking animations greatly enhanced, while there is a noticeable change in pace when a player passes a ball from a standing position than from within a run.
• Full Online Play: A fluid two-versus-two option, plus the addition of all-new online competitions. The game will offer a download on launch that will allow for Competition, Community and Legend elements to be utilised online.
• Enhanced Master League: Master League has been thoroughly renewed with the enhancement of managerial aspects, which enables users to enjoy managing a team for a longer career lifespan. Seen by many as a key contributor to the series’ success, the Master League elements in PES 2010 have been bolstered by far-ranging additions, like expanded managerial elements, including new fiscal responsibilities, sponsorships and youth team coaching.
• Match-Day Atmosphere: Crowd reactions to the on-field action are now more varied, with all new chants and cheers. Likewise, the commentary has been altered to offer a fresher, more concise overview of the game.
“PES 2010 is Konami’s largest release of the year, and we cannot stress the gratitude for all the input from the enormous PES fan base,” commented Martin Schneider, European Marketing & PR Director, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “Global sales for the PES series to date are over 55.5m, and we expect a very strong performance from what is easily the best PES in a long, long time. We have worked closely with PES fans and football fans in general to create a game that ticks every box. We will be continuing this two-way conversation as we look to DLC for PES 2010, and further beyond. Their help will be invaluable in making sure PES is recognized as the leading football series for any format.”
THQ Unveils Metro 2033
THQ Unveils Metro 2033
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus