Black Ops patch released on PC
New patch for Black Ops has been released on PC. Adds connect command, various performance improvements, final killcam fix, team switching on ranked servers and more.
A new patch was released today for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops. It contains a great number of fixes including many performance improvements. Boosts for dual core processors, shader caching to reduce hitching and fixes for random freezes have been included.
New patch also adds the connect command to join a specific server IP address. It is also said to fix the final killcam that would appear laggy and jittery.
List of fixes:
- Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
- Additional performance optimizations
- Added an option to pre-cache all shaders during load time. This fixes hitching related to shader compiling on some video cards when viewing an area of the map for the first time.
- Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
- Allow Team Change on Ranked servers when it does not unbalance teams (this is a server admin option).
- Allow Team Change grace period at start of match (server admin option).
- Added 4 more reserved slots (server admin option)
- Added /connect
- Improved quickmatch results (server side change)
- Fix for watching films through Combat Record
- Fixed compassSpectatorsSeeEnemies exploit
- Fixed 3rd person fov exploit
- Fix for infinite supply drop exploit.
- Fixed crosshair flickering when stereo is active.
- Various spawn improvements
- Various sound improvements
- Fix for Zombies – Teammate shadows not displayed properly.
- Fix for radar not staying on in One in the Chamber when it should.
- In a Domination match, the Position Secured medal is no longer delayed.
- 'Hardened: Equipment Shot' Challenge can now be completed by destroying a 'Camera Spike'.
- Fix for choppy final killcam in dedicated servers.
- Various map glitches fixed.
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- Added mixed hardcore playlist
- Added mixed barebones playlist
- Added 12 player versions of all playlists
Steam will automatically download the new patch. Once again like the previous patches it seems that it fixes issues for some but may make it worse for others.