Battlefield 1 December update out now
Includes a free map, spectator mode and gameplay tweaks
DICE and EA have released a new patch for Battlefield 1. The patch includes a free map, Giant's Shadow, which takes place alongside the Cateau-Wassigny railway around a crashed airship. The map is available now for pre-order and Premium pass customers. All players will be able to play the map on the 20th of December.
Also included with the patch is Spectator mode, which allows players to join games as an observer and watch players in first or third person view as the battle rages. It includes several camera filters and depth of field settings.
The patch includes a broad number of balance changes. Some of those include:
- Landship buffed, it has more armor and functions as a respawn point
- Shotguns rebalanced, including nerfs for the Model 10-A
- Syringe cooldown after reviving
- Buffs to ammo and medic crates
- Map tweaks to make it easier for attackers to capture flags
- Behemoth changes in operations, they will appear less frequently
For a comprehensive list of changes, see the official patch notes on the battlefield forum.