Company of Heroes 2 coming to Mac and Linux
Ports coming to Steam later this month
The World War II real-time strategy game, Company of Heroes 2, is coming to Mac and Linux via Steam on August 27th. The Mac App Store version will follow shortly afterwards. The port is being handled by Feral Interactive, responsible for other Mac ports including Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider, and DiRT 3.
DLC for the Steam version will be available on August 27th via in-store purchase. The Steam version of Company of Heroes 2 will support Mac-Mac and Linux-Linux multiplayer using Steamworks. DLC for the Mac App Store version will be available post-release. The Mac App Store version will support Mac-Mac multiplayer using Feral's own multiplayer matching service.
Minimum system requirements for Mac:
- 1.8Ghz CPU with at least 4GB RAM
- 512MB of graphics memory on a AMD R9 series graphics card, an Intel Iris Pro graphics card, or an NVIDIA 600 series graphics card or better
- OS: Mac OS 10.10.3 or later.
Minimum system requirements for Linux:
- 2.6Ghz Dual-Core CPU with at least 4GB RAM
- 1GB graphics memory on a Intel Iris Pro graphics card or an NVIDIA 600 series graphics card
- OS: Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit) or SteamOS
The Mac and Linux will retail on Steam and the Mac App Store for US $39.99, £29.99 (inc. VAT). Company of Heroes 2 was originally released for Windows back in June 2013.
Black Ops 3 beta begins