RSS Feeds NGN on Facebook NGN on Twitter NGN on YouTube
Welcome, Anonymous.UCP | Login ]
Header logo

Games with great story?

PC gaming and related discussions

Games with great story?

Postby FiverBeyond » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Hey there, fellow gamers, I'm looking for game suggestions from you.

A friend of mine and I were talking about different aspects of gaming (gameplay, graphics, etc), and found ourselves compaining about plots in games. Sometimes it feels like most games on the market simply don't have very engaginge storylines. What games, in your opinions, have legitimately great stories?
FiverBeyond

Re: Games with great story?

Postby with_teeth26 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Looks like my topic in the (late) asfm forums wasn't useless after all!

Anyways, I'd say Mafia and Cryostasis are two games with great stories that are often overlooked.

The former has mob story on par with any of the Hollywood greats IMO, although it borrows a bit from Once Upon a Time in America.

Cryostasis just has a really compelling and uniquely told story about the demise of a ship and its crew.
with_teeth26
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FiverBeyond » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh, it's YOU, with_teeth. Yes, I took the bait and want to try my hand at contributing to the community a little.

I'm intrigued by your responses: afraid I haven't played either, but I've heard quite a bit of talk about Cryostasis and after your suggestion, I'll give it a look.

ASFM made me think about this question quite a bit (I know he liked System Shock Two's story), especially with his very important and accurate remark that Half Life actually does NOT have a good story, but rather good storytelling. It's a subtle difference, one that most gamers won't get, unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions!
FiverBeyond

Postby SpectralShock » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 pm

I was just about to scream "Uncharted" with ease, but forgot this is for PC.

Some good ones that come to mind which were released this year would be Witcher 2, and heck even Driver SF.

You didn't really specify a genre or timeline. I could go back all the way to Max Payne :lol:
SpectralShock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ginosaturated » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for me. As for the A.C stories, this one is the best for me. And also I've been fascinated on the storyline between the battles of the races specifically on RBF.
ginosaturated

Postby SpectralShock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:48 am

As crazy as it may seem, the Metal Gear franchise has some great ideas and lots of philosophical ramblings
SpectralShock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows PC