RSS Feeds NGN on Facebook NGN on Twitter NGN on YouTube
Welcome, Anonymous.UCP | Login ]
Header logo

A new console for Nintendo

WiiU and related discussions

A new console for Nintendo

Postby SpectralShock » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:35 pm

With the WiiU release rapidly approaching, we are starting to discuss our coverage plans!

As our readers may notice, this is a brand new area because we previously had little success with the Wii :o

But we will do our best to start fresh with WiiU!

So feel free to discuss anything related ;)
SpectralShock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A new console for Nintendo

Postby KatanOmega » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

So what do you guys think about the $299/$349 pricing for the base, and premium Wii U SKU? The AMD 7 series GPU is great, but that CPU might bottleneck it on more resource intensive next-gen games. 1 gig of memory for games, and 8/32 gigs for storage is laughable. I don't care how cool your controller is, that is a lot of money to spend on a system that is going to be seriously dated in 14 months.
KatanOmega

Postby Flux88 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 pm

I have to agree with KatanOmega. I wanted to be impressed but I really wasn’t. I am not sure about the Wii U gamepad and how much it is going to add to the overall gaming experience, but the memory specs of the console are less than impressive. I can’t really comment about the pricing as we haven’t gotten a definite price for Europe. Usually it is slightly more expensive over here.
Flux88

Postby nutcrackr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 am

Storage size is pretty small. Do they not really take into accout the push of digital distribution? My 120gb PS3 is probably not even enough and I got that years ago. Maybe there will be a cheap way to increase storatge. I'm sure it will perform fine, assuming the games are ported well enough. My concern is that 3rd party publishers will lose interest in the system like they did the Wii.
nutcrackr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Nintendo