» News » All
Mass Effect 2 wins big at Canadian Videogame Awards
RPG from BioWare wins four awards in the annual show
Posted on May 19, 2011 - 4:23pm EST (May 19, 2011 16:23)
The Canadian Videogame Awards were handed out in Vancouver recently, with Mass Effect 2 from Bioware/Electronic Arts taking home four awards, including Canadian Game of the Year.
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood from Ubisoft Montreal received two awards and individual winners included Deathspank, Kinect and Osmos for iPad among others.
A 60-minute special on the Canadian Videogame Awards is scheduled to premiere on G4 Canada on May 29. The CVA’s are sponsored by in part by Kinect for XBOX 360, G4 Canada, Sony PlayStation, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bioware, EA Sports, Nintendo 3DS, Relic Entertainment, The Georgia Straight and the Entertainment Software Association of Canada.
A full list of all the winners included:
* Game of the Year – Mass Effect 2 (Bioware/Electronic Arts)
* Best Console Game - Mass Effect 2 (Bioware/Electronic Arts)
* Best Downloadable Game – Deathspank (Hothead Games/Electronic Arts)
* Best Audio - Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal)
* Best Game Design - Mass Effect 2 (Bioware/Electronic Arts)
* Best Technology - Kinect for XBOX 360 (Big Park Game Studio/Microsoft)
* Best Visual Arts - Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal)
*Best Writing - Mass Effect 2 (Bioware/Electronic Arts)
*Innovation Award - ModNation Racers (United Front Games/Sony Computer Entertainment)
The Canadian Videogame Awards are now in their second year, and were held in Vancouver, BC.