Counter-Strike: Source Updated
Following the beta test, sweeping changes have been introduced to the most popular online shooter
The #1 online action game in the world, Counter-Strike: Source (CSS) has received a major update and is available now for the Mac. CSS is a Steam Play title, so if you own it on the PC - you own it on the Mac. Besides PC Vs. Mac cross-platform play, this update also adds achievements, stats, engine updates and more.
To celebrate this launch, CSS is being offered at 66% off its regular price on Steam for a limited time.
Notable changes include:
- 144 achievements added
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Multicore rendering support
- Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.
- Fixed issue that awarded three points when the bomb explodes after the round ends by elimination criteria instead.
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33.
For a full list of updates, see the official release.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus