RSS Feeds NGN on Facebook NGN on Twitter NGN on YouTube
Welcome, Guest. Login | Register | PW? ]
Header logo
e3

Game of the Year Awards 2009

Check out our Editor's picks for the past year! See our Best and Worst Games of 2009!

Posted by on
test
Introduction  |  Gameplay Awards  |  Special Awards  |  Genre Awards  |  GOTY

Outstanding voice work, superb dialogue, fantastic shooting, brilliant platforming and a good dose of hilarity are just some of the great things about Uncharted 2. It’s not often such a well paced experience is offered on any platform and therefore it becomes a very worthy winner of our Game of the Year award.

Honorable Mentions:

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
You may not post comments as a guest. Please register or login to your account.
Username:
Password:
Create a new account?
Forgot your password?
#7 Jan 10, 2010 22:02:52 (Jan 10, 2010 22:02)

sirdesmond
I think it's best to keep in mind the fact that this was put together by all of us writers and most of us aren't able to play every game that came out over the last year or even every AAA title. I've heard only great things about Arkhum Asylum, but I am one of the contributors yet to play it so I can't accurately judge it.  We had to go off of what we played.  Before this awards list, I hadn't even heard of Cryostasis, but being the story-junkie that I am, I'm going to check it out after this.
#6 Jan 10, 2010 21:45:27 (Jan 10, 2010 21:45)

DoomGiverIV
I have to say that the awards i agree with the most are the ones Modern Warfare won, thank you guys for realizing that that game is just a decent game not the second coming of Jesus Christ on a disk, it has already come and its called orange box

#5 Jan 10, 2010 17:33:28 (Jan 10, 2010 17:33)

nutcrackr
@kamikaziechameleon: batman was a runner up in a number of categories and just missed out on a few wins. I too would have liked to have seen it win more.

#4 Jan 10, 2010 16:58:58 (Jan 10, 2010 16:58)

with_teeth26
 Good choices all around, i'm a little surprised at Dragon Age winning best atmosphere though.
#3 Jan 10, 2010 11:00:37 (Jan 10, 2010 11:00)

kamikaziechameleon
 I agree with 99% of things but I'm sad to not see Batman AA in a single catagory.  That was my favorite game.
#2 Jan 10, 2010 04:26:07 (Jan 10, 2010 04:26)

nutcrackr
We tried our best to come up with fair winners for each category so hopefully you guys enjoy it.
#1 Jan 10, 2010 04:14:12 (Jan 10, 2010 04:14)

SpectralShock
Posted 3 days ago
EA Conference Recap - E3 2017
Posted 13 days ago
Latest Comments
Assassin's Creed: Origins Preview - E3 2017
Jun 22, 2017 by nutcrackr
The shift towards a heavier RPG style could be a smart...
E3 2017 concludes
Jun 21, 2017 by jvfx
Heard the lines were bad, why pay such money for this
Observer Preview - E3 2017
Jun 21, 2017 by Malky
Sounds promising but I do hope there are less tropes that...
Gran Turismo Sport Preview - E3 2017
Jun 19, 2017 by vocaine
Take your time polyphony, i believe in you
Total War: Warhammer II Preview - E3 2017
Jun 19, 2017 by Sushi
I'm just saying, this is an article about TW:warhammer,...
Advertisement ▼